Saturday, July 12, 2008

SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL

The kids had a great time this week. This is Max and that was the name of the group I was with. Our group had at least 5 kids who were totally out of control so it made it hard for me to enjoy.
The kids had a contest between the boys and girls. We had a missionary, Mr. Rock from Hatti and they kept the offering and count of boys and girls separate and whoever invited the most friends as well as gave the most offering would win.


The offering was given to the Mr. Rock for the children at his school. He plans to buy books, chalk boards, etc. As you will see by the picture the girls won which meant Clayton the Children's Minister got slimmed. You should have heard the children screen. Lynsie called me at least 2 times to make sure I took pictures and a video because she could not attend. She had a girls scout camp-out.




This is Missionary Rock playing games with the kids. He taught them how to sing Jesus Loves All The Children Of the World in his native language. When they played games they also spoke his lingo. The children enjoyed hearing about his school and children. They really asked him good questions. I was impressed at their interest.
The last night of games was the most fun. In this particular picture is a roll of toilet paper on a stick with a leaf blower blowing it away. Talk about laughter, WOW! They first took hair dryers and put two ping pong balls above the blower and let them float. Each child received a turn. Then they took the leaf blower and put a big ball above it. Something fun to try at home. I know I will with my kids since they could not come on Friday night. Another night that was fun was when we took Mintos and put them in a diet coke bottle. The mintos made the pop fly way up in the air. Mine personally went on me. As you guessed I did not do it right. i guess I did not listen close enough.


This is Lori our Bible story teacher.

No comments: