Friday, May 2, 2008

RED HATTERS

Monday night was girls night out for the Tea Party and then Tuesday, Rosemary and Judy went to a Red Hat gathering. We met at the Island Grove Methodist Church. It is a real cool country church on the Old J'Ville Road. I used to go to Easter Sun Rise Services with my dad until he passed away. We all gathered in the back room where we enjoyed pizza and soda. The purpose was to have our monthly business meeting and an exchange of our red and purple hats, etc. that we did not wear anymore. The picture is of my friend Minnie Price. Minnie lived across the park from where I grew up. She tells me of all the neat things we did. We played dolls, dress up, rode on the horse daddy brought for us to spoil a couple of summers in a row. She said we also went down to the reservoir (I find it hard to believe I did that because Mother would have probably not allowed me to go there). The reservoir was across the highway on the NE corner of town and there we played like we were hiding treasures. She said we would find broken glass and pretend it was diamonds, rubies and pearls. She said my nick mane was diamonds and hers was rubies. I remember playing soft ball in the park. Crazy little girls. My red hat group are girls I went to school with.

1 comment:

RHAM said...

Looks like you ladies have a lot of fun. I can't believe you've all managed to stay in contact. I only speak with one or two of my school friends.